Global Operations Manager - O&M
|Location:||Salt Lake City , UT|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Responsible for overall success of O&M execution globally. Executes won contracts and ensures world class O&M performance standards and their successful implementation across all O&M contracts globally.|
• Overall responsible for the successful execution of O&M contracts.
• Leads a team of Project Managers and local O&M Site Managers and ensures a smooth daily operation.
• Maintains ownership for the Global O&M procedures and guidelines
• Supports the remaining O&M team as required.
• Contributes substantially to the development of the O&M strategy and business plans, starting up the O&M operations for won contracts and successfully taking on O&M services at site.
• Provides overall guidance during start up phase to manage the execution of contracts, set up suitable local FLS companies, procedures and liaise with clients.
• Ensures that O&M contracts around the globe achieve a uniform high quality of performance:
o Shares best practices among sites
o Ensures high performance through the establishment and continuous monitoring of KPIs
o Supports local site management with troubleshooting, conflict resolution, client relations, etc.
• Tertiary qualifications in an engineering field
• At least 10 years of advanced experience in operations and/or maintenance in a concentrator plant environment. Preferably with a strong network in the mining industry.
• At least two years Experience in development and implementation of Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS), SAP or Ellipse.
• At least 5 years Experience with deployment of Maintenance Excellence programs as they relate to Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) concepts.
• Certification in Six Sigma Lean Green or Black Belt certification is considered an advantage.
• Deep technical knowledge of mining and concentrator operations.
• Proven ability to lead and create results through others
• Demonstrated success in setting long range strategy and motivating others to achieve strategy
• Proven success in solving both technical and people related problems and establishing effective systems and processes in unstructured situations
• Proven experience in conflict resolution
• Demonstrated negotiation and client relations skills in large projects with at least USD $5 million annual revenues
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Intermediate to advanced skills in using Windows Office with emphasis on Excel and Power Point
• Advanced fluency in English and Spanish is strongly desired.
Office – 60%.
Travel – 40%. Travel to client sites for meetings and negotiations. Travel to other FLS sites for internal meetings. Travel to head office for management meetings.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.