Mobile Stacking Conveying Operator/Technician
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||SUMMARY: This position primarily serves as the Operating resource between FLSmidth and the Client (JPI) on FLSmidth mobile and fixed material handling equipment to be operated at the client’s Tutupan mine site in Indonesia. |
The position serves:
· to provide on-the-job training for JPI’s machine managers and operators
· to provide an assessment of the machines ability to safely and effectively transport and stack overburden material
· to provide engineering and management staff of FLSmidth with feedback and recommendations for improvements of field installed equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other responsibilities may be assigned):
· Provide operating, maintenance, safety and technical assistance with operation and testing of FLSmidth material handling equipment to help ensure that the machines are:
o moved and operated safely
o adequate procedures such as risk analysis and/or work method statements are prepared and incorporated
o safely and successfully driven in both manual and automatic mode with and without load
o perform properly in automatic mode with use of GPs, iSAM, SCADA and PLC systems
o monitored and operated with a view to proper speeds, direction, rate of spreading, wind-rowing quality, angle of repose, tracking responses to ground conditions
o operated in a manner that avoids hazardous or compromising positions
o reacting appropriately to preset computer settings
· Provide on-the-job training of JPI’s personnel at the controls of the machines and during active operation of the equipment.
· Assist with preparation of equipment assembly and checkout documentation and testing procedures.
· Assist with equipment maintenance and refurbishment.
· Monitor both method and quality of equipment assembly and installation work.
· Carry out commissioning activities in accordance with the approved commissioning plan and procedures.
· Demonstrate and promote safe work behavior at all times.
· Actively participate in risk assessment and risk management activities.
· Provide feedback to engineering on field issues and offer recommendations for equipment design modifications and improvements.
· Liaise amicably and professionally with all levels of customer and company personnel to achieve desired outcomes.
· Represent FLSmidth in all settings with the utmost professional image.
· Recommend updates to drawings and registers as required in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
· Report customer activities and sales opportunities as required.
· Perform onsite inspections of FLSmidth material handling equipment via site report writing and operational recommendations.
· Observe and execute all job responsibilities in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
· Observe and comply with all client’s mine policies and proceedures
· Assume other duties as may be directed from time to time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some of the Tutupan mine site work areas are high risk mining environments and are subject to Mine Regulation minimum physical standards.
· EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Minimum High School graduate. Three or more years of actual demonstrated site experience operating mobile conveyor stacking equipment in a production environment. Demonstrated ability to read and understand operation and maintenance manuals. Familiarity and understanding of computer systems, SCADA and GPS technologies preferred.
· LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, engineers, clients, and customers. Must have the ability to speak, write and read English. Fluency in other languages such as Indonesian or Malaysian would be beneficial but not essential.
· MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Applied general mathematics, statistics, and business and economic analysis.
· REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Power Point. Knowledge of structural mechanics, materials science, and materials capabilities. An understanding of mechanical equipment maintenance practices and experience.
· PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Some night shift operation is expected as the equipment will be operating long term in a 24 hour shift pattern.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to varied outdoor environments depending on the clients job site. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must be able to obtain certifications for working in confined spaces and working from heights certifications. Must be able to pass standard Mine Medical physical examination requirements.
The site is located in a tropical environment, with high humidity, average temperatures of 30 C and monsoon/dry seasons.
The statements on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by all incumbents. Incumbents may perform other duties as assigned. In addition, all FLSmidth employees are expected to:
· Promote teamwork and cooperative effort.
· Help train and give guidance to other FLSmidth employees.
· Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area.
· Provide customers with the highest quality of products and service.
· Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement processes.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.